In the field of website and app design, UI and UX are two of the most commonly used terms introduced by the famous psychologist Donald Norman in the year 1990.
Creating an interface that users fall in love with needs an engaging, interactive UI/UX design. The designer at the same time has to keep in mind that the design they are creating is simple to avoid any complications. For that, they must know the UI/UX design process thoroughly.
However, understanding the UI/UX design process is not easy without familiarizing yourself with the term UI and UX separately. Hence, let us elaborate on the term UI and UX design separately before moving to the UI/UX design process.
What to know about UI design?
UI or User Interface is sometimes also called User Interface engineering. It is the design of the user interfaces of any devices we use. Whenever users visit a website or open an application, they interact with it by clicking on the buttons, reading the content, or typing some necessary information.
In other words, the user interface includes everything that helps the visitors interact with the app or website. It is the responsibility of the UI designers to design all the elements that are visible on the app. They need to pay attention to every aspect of website designing, from choosing the color to finding the shape of a button, and come out with an interactive UI design.
What to know about UX design?
The UX or user experience of a design depends on how your users feel while communicating with the site. To understand your website user experience, you have to find answers to several questions. Do your visitors experience any difficulty while navigating your website? Is your app confusing for your visitors, or can they easily use it?
UX design success depends on the smoothness with which users can interact with your website. However, the UX designer’s responsibility is to ensure that the website runs smoothly, giving a seamless user experience.
Relationship between UI and UX design
Both the UI and UX designers need to work collaboratively to create a great design for your website or app. The UI designers must design the interface to make it easily accessible for users to interact with the app. it is in their hand to ensure that the app interface working effectively. Initial designs may be in the hands of the UI designers, but it is the responsibility of the UX designers to suggest changes in the layout of the designs. It is then up to the UI designers to make the changes necessary in the design and make the app work.
The outcome of your user interface depends on how cooperative the UI and UX team is. Hence, the collaboration of the UI and UX team is necessary to have a successful app or website.
Let’s move on to the key steps in the UI/UX design process.
The important steps in the UI/UX design process:
- Defining the products: In the first stage of the UI/UX design process comes defining the products. Therefore, it is important to collect information regarding what is essential to the users, as this will enable the product’s true scope to be understood.
To make it work, you should provide the data you’ve collected to the design team. At this stage, your design team will collaborate with the product manager and the business manager and prepare a roadmap to move accordingly.
- Doing some research work: Positive results will remain unattainable without proper research work. Research helps to understand the true nature of the competition you have to deal with. By conducting proper research, you can find what your competitors are doing.
- Analyzing the collected data: In the third stage of the UX/UI design process, you need to analyze the data you have gathered. By conducting this analysis, your research team will get a better idea of how your product will look. They have the information that tells them what the customer needs are. · As a result, you will be able to understand the final shape of the product as per the customer’s desire.
- Designing: Once your team has finalized the final layout, it’s time to give your product a form. At this stage, your designers start sketching the product. The next step is to develop the wireframes. Developing the wireframe helps you to see the final shape of your product. Prototype development is also a vital part of this phase. This process continues until the specifications of the designs are prepared.
- Checking the end product: The final stage of the UI/UX design process is checking the end quality. At this stage, the team leader has to identify the product faults. All teams rework it to make the necessary changes. As soon as the lead discovers that the product is bug-free, they release it.
UI/UX design is an organized process. It demands coordination among the designers for an amazing design. So, before reaching out to professional UI/UX designers or any UI/UX design agency, have a clear understanding of every stage of the design process. Hopefully, this blog has been successful in explaining the UI/UX design process thoroughly.