When festivities start to ring, we get to show our ethnic side. So if you are bombarded with several invites to weddings and other traditional events this festive season, you should deck up in your finest ethnic wear. And what better than a short kurta for men as the perfect traditional wear this season?
A kurta and pyjama are a classic combination for men who love to flaunt their ethnic side on festive occasions. But if you want to keep your low-key and yet traditional, you can opt for a short kurta. The best part about wearing a short kurta for men is that it gives the comfort of a T-shirt and yet hits the right level of ethnicity, which means this kurta checks all the boxes.
Gear up for your best friend’s wedding or puja with these fantastic styles of short kurta for men that you must shop for.
- Floral-printed short kurta: A floral-printed short kurta will always stay in style, and if you are attending festive occasions this summer, the floral print is a perfect match for the season. Any outdoor festive event can be graced wearing a floral-printed short kurta in pastel shades, which you can pair with matching trousers.
- Geometric designs: If you want to bring a touch of modernity to your ethnic look, a short kurta with geometric prints is the right choice. You can opt for contrasting shades such as purple and yellow or stick to random geometric or aligned prints. Pair it with matching solid trousers to avoid stealing the focus from the short kurta.
- Short kurta without a collar: A short kurta without a collar is more like a casual and comfortable T-shirt. This low-key ethnic wear is a right fit for college events. This short kurta will enhance your Indo-western look while oozing traditional charm. You can wear this short kurta with either jeans or trousers.
- Jacket-style short kurta: A jacket-style short kurta is more like a Nehru jacket, which you can wear for more formal events such as weddings. You can opt for solid colours and no prints if you want to attend a cocktail party or a wedding reception, while the ones with prints and designs should be reserved for more festive events, such as the pre-wedding festivities.
- Chikankari short kurtas: A chikankari short kurta for men is a perfect summer essential. You can buy a chikankari kurta in cotton fabric, which is light in weight and will keep you cool. Pastel shades are ideal for summer and outdoor events, while the ones with bright colours and shimmery detailing can be worn during evening occasions.
Style a short kurta for men by seeking tips from leading social media influencers and Bollywood celebrities currently rocking this trend. From offices to airports to college to weddings to casual outings, you can sport a men’s short kurta with any kind of bottom such as jeans, dhoti, pyjama and even trousers for a comfortable yet stylish look.